Malted Bananas Foster
Malted Bananas Foster Recipe
A classic dessert with some added oomph courtesy of malted milk powder!
Alternative method: The banana mixture can be warm when served with ice cream too.
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 3 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp spiced rum
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 -3 Heaping Tbsp Soda Fountain® Malted Milk Powder
- 2 -3 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- For the bananas, Melt the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and heat until it stops foaming.
- Add the slices of banana, malt powder, and brown sugar.
- Stir to help melt the sugar and malt and coat the bananas.
- Cook until banana are soft and saucy, about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the spiced rum, do not mix, light a chimney match (carefully) over the banana, until rum ignites.
- Allow the fire to burn until it extinguishes.
- Take off the burner, add Cinnamon, stir to combine, allow mixture to cool.
- In a parfait glass, alternate layers of Banana mixture, vanilla ice cream.
- Top with Whipping cream.